MBS Textbook Exchange, inc. ("MBS") respects the copyrights of others, and we expect our users to do the same. In appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, we may remove, suspend, terminate access, or take other appropriate action against users or other third parties who infringe the copyrights of others. If you reasonably believe that any content on this web site ("Site") contains unauthorized reproductions of your copyrighted work or otherwise infringes an exclusive copyright, and you reasonably believe it is appropriate to notify us to take any action/and you want us to take any action, then, as required under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. sec. 512) ("DMCA"), you must promptly provide in writing the following information:
1. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single on-line site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
2. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
3. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
4. Include the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.";
5. Include the following statement: "The information in this notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, I am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.";
6. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; and
7. Send the written communication to:
MBS Textbook Exchange, Inc.
Attn: Jamie Hofeditz, Copyright Agent
2711 West Ash Street
Columbia, MO 65203
ANY NOTICE THAT DOES NOT COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF TITLE 17, UNITED STATES CODE, SECTION 512(c)(3) WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE. NOTHING IN THIS POLICY IS INTENDED TO EXPAND OR SUPPLEMENT THE LEGAL RIGHTS, PROCEDURES AND REMEDIES AUTHORIZED AND GRANTED UNDER THE DMCA. Please note that you may be liable for damages, including but not limited to costs and attorneys’ fees, under the DMCA if you knowingly materially misrepresent: (a) that material on the Site infringes upon your copyright; or (b) that material on the Site was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification. If a user is found to be an infringer of the copyright rights of others, MBS may terminate access to the user’s account.
Last Updated: June 27, 2016